[SOLVED] Sitecore Content Delivery – Error after upgrade EXM 3.5

Avatar de Vinicius

Couple weeks ago I was working on a Sitecore upgrade from 8.2 update 2 to 8.2 update 5 in order to also get EXM updated from 3.4 to 3.5 due Azure requirements.

My scenario had a Content Delivery and a Content Management which was properly upgraded to Sitecore 8.2 update 5 & to EXM 3.5 by following their upgrade guides.

I managed to get Sitecore 8.2 update 5 and EXM 3.5 in both nodes, however, Content Delivery keeps showing the following error after received the EXM 3.5 files.

Server Error in / Application The Request Failed with the error message Blog Vinicius Deschamps

The requested failed with the error message:

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>

<h2>Object moved to <a href=”/404?item=%2femailcampaign%2fecmclientservice&user=extranet%5cAnonymous&site=modules_website”>here</a>.</h2>


CRAP! What am I going to do?

Well, let’s double check the EXM Upgrade Instructions…

a few moments later Blog Vinicius Deschamps

AHA! Found something interesting…

“During the installation, all the .aspx pages, .asmx web services, and the .ashx handlers have been moved to the \Sitecore\modules\Web\EXM folder of the instance.”

The EXM Upgrade Instructions suggested applying a URL Rewrite rule in IIS

[code language=”xml”]
<rule name=”ExmSitecoreFolderRule”>
<match url=”^(.*)ConfirmSubscription.aspx|DedicatedDispatchService.asmx|ECMClientService.asmx|RedirectUrlPage.aspx|RegisterEmailOpened.ashx|Unsubscribe.aspx|UnsubscribeFromAll.aspx)”/>
<action type=”Rewrite” url=”sitecore modules/Web/EXM/{R:2}” />

BUT didn’t work here 🙁

I started compare files before vs after the upgrade, and find myself with the ConnectionStrings.config which uses ecmclientservice.asmx webservice from the Content Management node

[code language=”xml”]
<add name=”EmailCampaignClientService” connectionString=”url=http://sitecore-cm/sitecore%20modules/web/emailcampaign/ecmclientservice.asmx;timeout=60000″ />


Well, as the upgrade instructions said that the path has changed, let’s see what happens

[code language=”xml”]
<add name=”EmailCampaignClientService” connectionString=”url=http://sitecore-cm/sitecore%20modules/web/exm/ecmclientservice.asmx;timeout=60000″ />


ConnectionStrings.config saved, re-load Sitecore Content Delivery node…

a few moments later Blog Vinicius Deschamps


Sitecore Content Delivery Fixed EXM issue Blog Vinicius Deschamps

I hope you liked it, and thanks for reading!

And I’ll see you on my next post!

Tagged in :

Avatar de Vinicius

Deixe um comentário

O seu endereço de e-mail não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios são marcados com *